The Tampa Woman's Club in Florida held a fundraising event. Glasses of champagne were $20, and each one had a cubic zirconia at the bottom. But ONE glass had a 1.03-carat DIAMOND in it, worth about $5,000.
80-year-old Miriam Tucker went to the event and while she was drinking her champagne, she accidentally SWALLOWED the stone. And of course, hers was the one with the diamond in it.
She figured out she'd swallowed the diamond after the lunch kept going and going, and jewelers kept going table to table examining the stones and the diamond never turned up. Finally, at the end, she confessed.
Fortunately, Miriam was scheduled for a COLONOSCOPY two days later.
While her doctor was probing around up there, he MINED the diamond. He cleaned it off, put it in a biohazard bag, and Miriam took it to a jewelry store.